As I've never made ice before, today I wanted to begin my production process by experimenting with different materials in Maya to create an idealistic ice effect as I need lots of ice for the racing track project! I tried a couple of different methods. These are the results;
I tried some different sets of advice. Looked at a lot of different tutorials, ect. I needed it to be pretty and ice-like, without being too realistic. Whipped up a quick blue texture and had a play around with different materials.
First one was a phong, second and third were different glass mia_x materials. The last three are the same material (blinn). I liked the effect most, but it needed to be more cartoony, so in the fifth I made the reflective and specular colour a teal, and then for the last I added a glow. I threw on a bump map for this one too, I think it's just about what I'm looking for. Shall try it on actual ice models later. :3

No comments:
Post a Comment