This post is about me sharing some of the artists and games artists who have inspired me over the years, not just for the career direction that I want to go in, but in artistic forms in general, people that make me say wowzers. :)
First up, while these are traditional in nature, these sculptors have always had me waiting to see what they produce next. I love the colours they use, and while their creations are usually made out of clay, their command of 3D forms are always cute and near perfect. The characters they create are always full of character - it's no wonder they're usually bought within a couple of hours of being online.
Going back to something more traditional is this artist. While most of what they draw or paint is canines and animals in general, I really like their slimline, heavy line art styled pieces. The way that they manage to put so much character and emotion in to each animal is amazing with the small amount of actual figure definition. This artist will always be awesome to me because the lines in her drawings are so smooth and accurate - something I find difficult, so I will always look up to.
Jean Go works in a wider variety of mediums, but also in 3D. I first discovered her when I saw the piece below. I loved the colours used and the over all design of the piece, but on further investigation, all of her other concepts were strong too. While some of her work might not be as strong as others, her ideas and designs linked around themes and moods are -I think- original and unique, without being too outrageous. She's one to watch. ;3
I think overall it's important to always source new inspiration for artwork. It's so cool to see what other people come up with and be able to develop your own ideas with more and more visual aid.
TTYL !





No comments:
Post a Comment